Binance CEO, CZ, has made good on a public proclamation to delist $BCHSV should Craig Wright and Calvin Ayre continue their meritless crusade to sue anyone that doesn’t declare Craig Wright anything other than a fraud.
Across the crypto ecosystem the ‘Craig Wright is a fraud’ movement has come to an all-consuming crescendo over the weekend. More specifically, ‘FakeToshi’s’ most vocal provocateur, Peter McCormack received a letter from lawyers representing Craig Wright asking him to do all manner of ridiculous things that amount to ‘stop being mean to Craig’.
Peter McCormack publishes the letter and a sharply (and appropriately) worded response via Twitter. Kudos to Peter.
But CZ, the CEO of the worlds largest crypto currency exchange has put his money where his mouth is and delisted the token altogether.
Here is the statement from Binance:
“At Binance, we periodically review each digital asset we list to ensure that it continues to meet the high level of standard we expect. When a coin or token no longer meets this standard, or the industry changes, we conduct a more in-depth review and potentially delist it. We believe this best protects all of our users.”
“When we conduct these reviews, we consider a variety of factors. Here are some that drive whether we decide to delist a digital asset:”
- Commitment of team to project
- Level and quality of development activity
- Network / smart contract stability
- Level of public communication
- Responsiveness to our periodic due diligence requests
- Evidence of unethical / fraudulent conduct
- Contribution to a healthy and sustainable crypto ecosystem
“Based on our most recent reviews, we have decided to delist and cease trading on all trading pairs for the following coin on 2019/04/22 at 10:00 AM UTC:”
- All trade orders will be automatically removed after trading ceases in each respective trading pair.
- To view your assets after trading ceases, please ensure you have not selected “Hide small assets” in your Funds page.
- Withdrawals of these coins and tokens from Binance will continue to be supported until 2019/07/22 at 10:00 AM UTC.
“We thank you for your support as we continue to build the crypto ecosystem in a way that promotes transparency and long-term, sustainable growth.”
This will cause the back and forth to significantly ramp up, and one can only hope it does, so as to destroy whatever shred of credibility Craig Wright is hanging onto at the moment.
Let it be said again, “Craig Wright is a fraud.”